Saturday 25 July 2009

Liquid Storage Solutions...

I don't like plastic bottles...
I have great difficulty getting the child-proof caps off which is very frustrating when I'm in the middle of a project and need a particular liquid NOW!
My solution..?
Bottles with corks or easy to remove stoppers...So, from left to right, I have methylated spirits, turpentine substitute, white spirit, paraffin and white vinegar...
The local bottle bank is a good place to find suitable bottles, the paraffin flask came from a charity shop bin, and the homebrew shop at the end of our road will supply any size of stopper, cork or bung I need...
The bottles look very attractive on my windowsill with the sun shining through them and yes, I aware that my lab could be engulfed in a huge fireball but I don't care...

2 comments:

c said...

There's something really aesthetic about glass bottles. I'm in the process of labelling some myself!
I really enjoyed reading your blog, and have subscribed to it!
-- ioni

c said...

Also, you've made me realized I could blog the process of my room as I steampunkify it :P