Sunday 2 August 2009

Adventures In Modern Cycling No 1: Pagham Spit...

What better way to spend a sunny early Sunday morning than a quick spin out on the bicycle..?
Rather that than pounding along the prom, immodestly dressed, drenched in sweat and wearing ridiculous sunglasses anyway...
Into a light breeze at a stately pace toward Pagham Harbour where, conveniently, access 'runways' have been placed to allow the less able to enjoy the shore line...
The air is gently filled with the sound of church bells, wheeling birds and lapping water...I rest for a brew, a tab and to empty my mind...
From behind me I hear the slap of flip-flops...
A 'large' couple appear along side me...
'duh's nuffin 'ere..!' Explodes Mr. Bullethead...
'Nah..' Says Mrs. Bullethead...
Exit Bulletheads...
After much tinkering the bicycle is behaving well and I'm beginning to feel I may have judged it to harshly...I doubt if it will ever be my favourite bike but I'll probably have it for the rest of my life (because no one will want to steal it...)My phone brings reality back and for once I'm glad I didn't leave it a home as Linda tells me that she is preparing sausage sandwiches that should be ready in about 20 minutes...
With the wind on my back I'm home in 18 minutes...

1 comments:

Glyn said...

Every picture I see of your English coastline looks eerier than the last! And I'm glad the bike is working well now.