Thursday 13 August 2009

Food and Drink...

Flap Jack is my cycling fuel of choice...
I prefer not to buy commercially available Flap Jack and, therefore, make my own...
From The Inexplicable World of Outa_Spaceman...

My recipe goes like this (sorry about the 'Napoleonic' style quantities):

Ingredients:

100 grams of butter
100 grams of demerara sugar
250 grams of porridge oats
2 tsps of golden syrup
A couple of handfuls of any dried fruit available.

Method:
Melt butter and sugar in a pan over a low heat.
Add golden syrup then stir in oats and fruit.
Spread to an even depth in a well greased oven-proof dish.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about 25 mins.
Cut into squares whilst still warm then allow to cool.
Wrap a couple of squares in grease-proof paper, cycle off to a distant point, remove from grease-proof paper and eat them.

(BTW Linda says this isn't 'cooking'..)

Linda has decided that it may be a good idea to make her own plum wine...
From The Inexplicable World of Outa_Spaceman...

There's a good deal of furious activity going on in this demijohn...
'Only another 6 months to go' says Linda...

2 comments:

P. Tash said...

Oooh, what a lovely shade of pink! Looks mighty tasty, as does your Flapjack Recipe. I'll have to make a batch to take with me on my next forraging expedition.

I'll be round in 6 months for the grand "uncorking" ;-)

* "excuse me waiter this wine is corked"

* "Yes, I know, I just uncorked it!"

OutaSpaceMan said...

Your opinion of it's tastiness may have been shaken if you'd seen it being strained through a pair of tights..

I am considering trying out a home-brew kit..
Which may, or may not, be a good idea...