Wednesday 9 September 2009

Refining The 'Dobson'...

After recent rides on the 'Dobson', it became apparent that adjustments needed to be made...
The most important was to ditch the handlebar stem and get a hi-rise version...
In fact this made all the other adjustments irrelevant...
It put me into a more 'natural' position, stopped my 'fizzy hand' problem and enabled me to put the handlebars in the 'down' position which is the way I initially envisioned the bike...
I vaguely remember someone (I think it was John Stevenson who then worked at Two Wheels Good in Leeds and went on to write for MBUK) saying that the handlebar stem should obscure the front wheel axle when your seated on the bike...
Considering the improvement the new stem has made I'm willing to conceed that he may have been right...
The new stem has also improved the aesthetic qualities of the 'Dobson' which now looks 'right'...
I'm still waiting for The Old Bicycle Company to get their fingers out and send me some cable clamps and a 20 tooth sprocket and I need to re-set the saddle angle then it may be close to being nearly finished...

0 comments: