Sunday 25 October 2009

Adventures In Modern Cycling No. 12: Winter Draws On...

Time to prepare for cycling through winter...
The 'Dobson's' wheels have been re-fitted to the 'Black Tractor' and work will now begin on turning it into an ever-so-fashionable 'fixie' for next year...
I took the opportunity to completely strip the rear end of the 'Black Tractor' and finally put an end to the rattles and clanks that have plagued the rides I've taken on it over the recent months...
Today was another bright, if breezy, day. I went out for a spin around the Bognor boundaries to make sure I'd got everything tighten up properly and discovered an address that I think I'd rather like to live at...
It's just off a road called Dark Lane...

3 comments:

P. Tash said...

What a cracking name for a place to live!

There's a road with an interesting name that we pass every week on the to the Mother-in-Law's, called "Crooked Usage", that I rather fancy living in. I like the idea of buying stuff from ebay and thinking of the seller wondering if it's a real place! :-)

By the way, what's a "fixie"?

Oldfool said...

Oh yeah! Me too.

OutaSpaceMan said...

"What's a "fixie" ?'
See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-gear_bicycle