Saturday 9 January 2010

The Cardboard Hand of Wilson...


I have, to my eternal shame, always had an interest in conspiracy 'theories'...
I find them quite amusing...
The only one I nearly subscribe to is the shooting of RFK...
I really don't believe the human race is capable of the level of organisation required (believe me, I've sat on committees) but I do like good stories which is what I think conspiracy theories really are...

During my search for good stories, delving into the worlds of Magick, Chaos Magick, Free Masonry, Catnarok and other related esoterica, several names have cropped up again and again the most notable being those of Robert Anton Wilson and Aleister Crowley...
I'm not particularly interested in Mr. Crowley and his Golden Dawn/OTO/AA hoo haa but Robert Anton Wilson is a different matter altogether...
I found myself wading through the Illuminatus! Trilogy and the The Historical Illuminatus Chronicles all of which had me in stitches...

I made 'The Cardboard Hand of Wilson' (though it should really be called The Cardboard Hand of Shea/Wilson I suppose) to honour the hours of amusement he has provided me with...

(BTW I'm sort of swaying toward Anonymity at the moment but I can't get a Guy Fawkes mask for love nor money...)

0 comments: