Thursday 14 January 2010

This Gluing Business Is Getting Out Of Hand...



I don't really like using bits of dead animals in my pieces but I was given a fox skull by Alan (from the band Cotillion) who said, 'here, you can have this and put it in that room where you keep all that weird stuff you make...'
I then saw the site Crappy Taxidermy and....
I replaced the skull's missing teeth with nails and fitted glass marbles in it's empty eye sockets...
Whilst cleaning out our stove's ash pan, I found an old hinge that had become suitable 'distressed' and fitted the whole assembly to it...
As a final touch I glued, what I believe to be a bird's skull, on to it...
I'm going to attach it to my shed and give it a coat of natural yoghourt to encourage 'growth' to form on it...
Linda doesn't like it at all...

2 comments:

Frank Key said...

This looks exactly like the ghastly totem worshipped by the peasants of Tantarabim in their blood-curdling rituals. Word has it there will be a Hooting Yard postage about that soon...

OutaSpaceMan said...

Ahhh, Tantarabim...
I wouldn't want to visit let alone live there...

The Tantarabim Totem it is then...

O.S.M.