Thursday 25 February 2010

Ongoing...

A quick round up of ideas I've been messing about with over the last couple of days:
No. 1: The Wooden Box File/ Verdigris Finish...
Not a racing success if I'm honest...
I should have used a darker base colour...
I stuck a couple of pictures to the facing end and started coating them in lacquer which didn't really work either..


On the up side...
Linda says it looks like I've painted a forest scene from the film 'The House of Flying Daggers' on it...
No. 2: The Atomic Biscuit Tin...

Nearly a success...
It's more like a biscuit safe in reality as I can't get the lid off...
So, qualified success all round then...

2 comments:

Marrock said...

I happen to like the file box, I even have a spot on the desk here that would look quite nice filled with a couple of them.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Thanks Marrock...
The effect is quite easy to achieve...
All you have to do is 'get in touch' with your inner Jackson Pollock...