Thursday 11 February 2010

Sundry Mortifications No. 11: My Feet...


I've always had big feet...
As a child I did a very good impression of the letter 'L'...
During that period I learnt the following 'truths' from the mystic village elders as they sat outside their allotment sheds:

01) I wouldn't 'blow over" in a high wind..
02) I wouldn't need skis (water or snow...)
03) I had a good "understanding"...
04) That I wouldn't need to buy shoes, I could just get a couple of large cardboard boxes from the village grocer...
05) That I needed big feet to 'pedal the village bike'...

The last one caused me some perplexity...
I spent hours combing our village looking for that bike...
In later life I found several...

2 comments:

Frank Key said...

You're not the only L-shaped person...

http://hootingyard.org/archives/3900

OutaSpaceMan said...

It's prejudice, pure and simple...
It's no wonder some of us Megafauna Cryptids choose to lead lives of solitude in isolated woodlands...