Friday 11 June 2010

Film Sound Track (Rejected).


I was approached by a local amateur(ish) film maker to provide a sound track for a film he was producing about Bognor Regis.
I was given a brief outline of the locations that were to be included in the film along with the proposed dialogue.
If I'm honest about it I didn't really put much effort into it.
I went to the places in the locations list and tried to absorb the 'atmosphere' making a few notes along the way.
I got home and set to work producing around 30 minutes worth of sound-beds and sonic back-drops.
They were rejected for being 'to gloomy' and might give the impression that Bognor Regis was a 'desolate waste-land'.
I loaded the tracks into my pod and walked around the locations whilst listening to the tracks I'd created.
He was right.
I'm now going to make my own film about Bognor Regis based on the sound track I made.
I'm considering adding the happy-go-lucky dialogue I was given.

The sound track can be downloaded here

0 comments: