Saturday 3 July 2010

Blue... Hmmm....

We had to give the house a lick of paint.
Madge lives in the flat down stairs and her son picked the colour.
He's an artist and is very sensitive about colour.

The flat used to be a Wedgewood Blue.
Understated and very 'coastal pastely' I used to think.

There were a great many cracks to fill:

Then the new paint was applied:


I took the above picture in the  early morning sun.
When the sun's shining on it I find it difficult to look at.

I'm not an artist.
What do I know.

Linda likes it.

9 comments:

Marrock said...

That's close to a color I refer to as "pool liner blue"...

I'd move if I were you, some things are just too hideous to contemplate.

The City Folk Club said...

It has the flavour, (although I haven't licked it!) of those brightly-coloured cottages that second-home owners lovingly convert from those humble dwellings that you find in otherwise-derelict fishing villages.
YUMEE ...
Jane likes it too!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! "Pool liner blue" is an excellent name for the colour.

Surely OSM should stay put.
Inside the house is the only place from which the outside is not visible!

The City Folk Club said...

Jane wants to EAT it ...
Obviously she hasn't read Hansel and Grundle!

OutaSpaceMan said...

I now describe the colour as 'Pool Liner Blue' to anyone who asks me about it.

Now, here's the problem.
Many people in the local area think it's a really nice colour.
That means 'Pool Liner Blue' blight is on it's way.

The City Folk Club said...

'Bilious greenish-yellow-verging-on-orange' would be a good alternative.
Search Dulux.com!

just john said...

It's very near Bondi Blue.

Check to see if it can now run Mac "classic" applications.

Wartime Housewife said...

Oh crikey.

P. Tash said...

Ooh, now that is indeed Bloooooo!!! Yikes!!