Tuesday 27 July 2010

Feelings (Mixed).


When I read, on the Retro To Go website, that the Trinity Square Car Park in Gateshead is about to be demolished (by a division of Tescos) I didn't know if I should feel happy or sad.

I then considered that the only reason for any sadness was that the car park was the scene of a (pretend) brutal murder in the film Get Carter and therefore has 'iconic' status.

So, happy-ish it is then.

p.s. Linda looked at the above picture and decided that the horse was probably dead now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's strange how the disappearance of a familiar building evokes mixed emotions.
The Tricorn Centre in Portsmouth was widely regarded as ugly but I was sad to hear that it is gone. Perhaps it taps into some deep fear that everything is impermanent, even us.

OutaSpaceMan said...

All things must pass.
(see Ozymandias by P.B. Shelley)

The Tricorn was truly an ugly building that smelt of wee.