Wednesday 21 July 2010

Le Tour Effect.

The Tour highlights programme  airs between 7 & 8 p.m. on ITV 4.
As soon as it's over I get the 'Dobson' out of the shed and, along with every other cyclist in the local area it seems, go for a spin.

I've noticed that this year's most popular replica jersey is that of H.T.C. Columbia (Mark Cavandish's team).
I spotted the odd polka-dot jersey around.
I wouldn't have the gall to wear any of the Tour jerseys and certainly not the polka-dot one.
Pull that on and you're making a serious statement about your climbing ability.

I'm not entirely free of cycling outfit vanity and have bought myself a racy tweed cap:
I've not noticed it having any significant effect on my cycling performance.

I stopped on my way home to take a few snaps of the 'Dobson' against the deep blue sea:


I'm starting to think I could ride this bike from Lands End to John O'Groats.
No, really.

3 comments:

Marrock said...

Can't say much about the hat but I do like those shades, most becoming.

just john said...

The way some announcers pronounce it over here in the USA is "Turdy Fronts," which cracks me up, but nobody over here has heard the term "y-fronts."

OutaSpaceMan said...

Got to say this year's tour was a cracker from start to finish.

I was rooting for Shleck and but for that chain coming off...
Who knows?

Sounds as if Mr. Armstrong will be in a spot of bother when he gets home.

You must spread the gospel of Y-fronts Mr. John.