Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Big Round Rusty Metal Thing.

Linda and I have a way of admitting to one another that we may have spent money we could use to buy things we need on something that we don't need.
We say 'I've done a bad thing' then detail the impulse spending.

It was Linda's turn today.


She's bought a big round rusty metal thing.
Now ask yourself,  could you be miffed at someone who spent part of the house-keeping cash on such a wonderful item?

The guy she bought it from thinks it was intended for use as a drain cover.
As it's around 3 feet across it must have been a very big drain!

Linda thinks it could be used to cover a fire-pit which, in turn, means I have to dig through 18 inches of concrete to make her dream come true.

I think I'd rather make it into a table.

2 comments:

just john said...

I'm not good enough a painter for it, but having seen some of your stuff, consider painting the threads differing colors and winding up with a mandala look.

And if I had the skill, I'd attempt to make the middle look like a close-up of a newsprint Dobbshead.


(And blogger.com seems to agree with your idea for using it as a table. The "word verification" graphic says "patio.") (My initial send didn't work, so now it has a different graphic.)

Oldfool said...

I would keep it as a big round rusty thing sort of like the big rusty tank in my back yard.
It look comfortable where it is so not wishing to upset the delicate balance of nature I think I'll leave it be.