Tuesday 4 January 2011

Boffin On The Beach.

Much to my annoyance Linda insists on turning the television on at breakfast time.
Linda is obsessed by weather prediction and, despite having listened to the shipping forecast and radio weather reports, she has to see it on a computer generated map on the television.
This morning, just before the weather report, there was a short piece about a partial eclipse.
Some BBC iCandy and a Boffin were discussing the eclipse live from the beach just outside our flat.
I went down to investigate.
The iCandy had disappeared into the BBC van (in case her hair went frizzy in the drizzle no doubt) the boffin and a tele-bod remained.
'You'll be lucky to see anything this morning' was my cheery remark.
The boffin assured me his luck was very good.
I looked at the space where the blank grey sky met the blank grey sea and suggested it would have to be.
The boffin then started talking about refractive indices and I moved away slowly.
The boffin is the one in the wide brimmed hat
So, once again I failed to get myself on the tele.

1 comments:

Oldfool said...

That TV affliction is why my lovely bride and I have separate accommodations. I don't have her 24 hour a day TV and she does not have to listen to my peace and quite. I do admit I often listen to the radio and at other times listen to music but today's lunch was typical. I listened to the ringing in my ears.
About the TV appearance, be careful what you wish for.