Saturday 19 February 2011

Up The City Folk Club.

I've been involved with the City Folk Club in Chichester, first as a player then as M.C., for longer than I care to remember.
I could go into a long explanation of what I consider to be 'folk music' but it really just boils down to this, folk playing music.

Here are three examples that give a flavour of the range of different styles of music you could expect to hear on any given Friday night at the club.

No. 1:
Bill 1.1 singing the song 'Geordie':

No. 2:
Lucy and Paul (the greatest Jazz singers you'll never hear) sing the Everly Brothers' 'Take a Message to Mary':

No. 3:
Loveable scamps Brenda and Berry play 'As Time Goes By' on the Starship Enterprise console:


And it still only costs £2

1 comments:

The City Folk Club said...

Oh, WOW!!!
The definition of 'folk music' is now truly encapsulated for posterity.
Where can I obtain such a wonderful audio/video recording device?