Sunday 24 July 2011

Trellis.

Many years ago I screwed 6 flimsy pallets in three columns of two to the garden wall to form a trellis.
Time and weather have taken their toll and during spring one of them gave up the ghost.
I've had a pile of hazel poles stored ready for this eventuality and it's about time some of them fulfilled their purpose.

Here's the gap:
The plan is to train the fig tree into it.
I deliberately decided not to measure anything preferring to use the rack of my eye and the skew of my gob.
Up go three supports:
Then four lateral pieces:
Job done.
All this was achieved during the commercial breaks in the coverage of the last stage of the Tour de France.

4 comments:

Frank Key said...

Too rarely these days does one find oneself gasping "My! What a magnificent piece of trellis-work!" but today one can, with conviction,

Frank Key said...

and that was meant to end with a full stop, not a comma.

OutaSpaceMan said...

You've probably got a touch of PRF.
(Proof-Reading Fatigue).

Frank Key said...

True. But I think you mean "proofreadnig fatigue" as we call it at Hooting Yard. (It is all done and dusted, by the way.)