Wednesday 13 July 2011

Yesterday at Le' Tour: 10

How many more times will I have to watch Johnny Hoogerland's sickening somersault on to that barbed-fence during this year's TDF television coverage?
I still wince.
BTW ITV 4, I personally didn't need to see that still of JH, shorts ripped off and buttocks ripped up, tangled up in the fence.

For me the more interesting clip is Mr. Hoogerland's post stage/accident interview when he displays a level of chivalry that's rare, if not non-existant, in today's "my misfortune is all someone else's fault" world.

The stage?
Bit non-event really, all the riders prep-ing themselves for Thursday's arrival in the mountains.
"Oh, look! The God of Thunder's shoe needs adjusting".
Messers Liggett and Sherwen were even wheeled out in front of the cameras to answer viewers questions.

The only surprise was The Gorilla pipping The Missile to the line.
Just wait for all the "is Cav over?" type questions tomorrow.

0 comments: