Friday 19 August 2011

Cheap Instruments. (Getting Down With My Bad Self.)

In an idle moment I decided to use all the cheap/crap instruments I've acquired over the recent past to record a piece just for fun.

So, that line up would be:
Winsor Whirle Banjolele. A cruel egg-slicer of an instrument that is virtually impossible to tune.
Blue Moon Tenor/Baritone (still not sure which) ukulele.
Biscuit Tin Broom Pole Slide Bass. Proving to be one of the funniest instruments I've ever played.
A Washboard.
Hmmm, now that's what I call broken!

N.B. No alcohol was consumed during the recording of this piece but a substantial amount needs to be ingested in order to facilitate anything like enjoyable listening.

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

Yas, Yas, my favorite kind of music. Homemade. This may be my new favorite instrumental and everyone knows I have impeccable taste.

OutaSpaceMan said...

It's proving quite popular!
It's in C to make it easy for everyone to join in with.
I whack the sound up and extemporise on my tin kazoo.
I may try primal screaming after another couple of pints of Badger's Breath (Un) real ale.

saradwyn3 said...

now that's some mighty fine listenin'! ( take swig of moonshine, passes jug)