Monday 22 August 2011

Experiments For Today. 01

The Biscuit Tin and Broom Pole Slide Bass (BTBPB)
Last Friday Mystic Roger visited, gleefully picked up the BTBPB (for the first time mind you) and played a stunning version of Heartbreak Hotel on it.
I am now convinced Mystic Roger could literally get a tune out of a cheese roll.
We discussed the finer points of the BTBPB.
We tried playing it with a glass bottle neck which was disappointing.
Mystic Roger suggested maybe using a steel sting rather than the wound nylon string I'd put on it.
I put a steel string on today, the results were disappointing, I put the nylon string back on and all was well again.

The Red Curtains.

I have a set of red curtains I use as a back-drop for various visual projects.
I screwed 2 cup-hooks into the attic ceiling and, using a bamboo pole, hung the curtains up.
Now what?

"LINDA!!"
That's what.

C.R.I. 235
Whist working on CRI 235, based on The Fall of Icarus, I photographed one of the components and produced this:
Which I really like.
I'll call it 'Leap'.

0 comments: