Monday 30 January 2012

My Little Audio Workstation.

Over the last 3 months I seem to have spent an inordinate length of time sat in front of this set up:
It's the picture that's wonky, not the monitors.
Well, not this set up exactly.
Until last Friday night the monitor system was my trusty old Panasonic BoomBox,
a system I've used, on and off, for over 20 years.

On Friday I decided it was time to set up my Edirol monitors and give the final mix of the BeHeld E.P. a quick listen.
I am so glad I did.
The mix was bass heavy and the stereo field was far to wide.
This means I'll have to sit here for the next week re-jigging the mix.

Except for tomorrow night.
Mystic Rog's hand is much better so BeHeld will be visiting a "sing-around" at Amberlely Acoustic Music Club.
We've got four new songs we need to try out in public and this open-mic-without-the-mic suits our purpose perfectly.
We plan to play the following songs:

  1. When The Spring Has Come (me)
  2. When I Was On Horseback (Trad-Arr)
  3. It Must Be True (me)
  4. The Lamentation of the Lost Prophet (me)

I'd also like to try out 'Heart' (me) if we get chance.
The playing standard at AAMC is very high.
So is BeHeld's.

2 comments:

saradwyn3 said...

That sounds like an adventure! Hope it goes well.
Can a person say that to a musician without jinxing them? Wishing broken bones on actors is one thing, but...
anyway.
I think I fixed the volcano.
And the letter M

: )

Banished To A Pompous Land said...

I'm still in the planning stage when it comes to moving a box of Certain Ants 'rehearsal' (do improvisers rehearse?) and performance cassettes. Before they disappear for ever. The rest of the bands have made a start but so far no ones tackled a single one of the tapes I WANT to hear again. I was very disturbed to discover, when sorting the tapes, that most of the performances by my last band are now 20 years old. Does this mean I'm no longer a musician (OK, a non musician)?