Thursday 16 February 2012

Squires Craft Shop (R.I.P.)

For me the closing down of Squires Craft shop is a disaster, a tragedy beyond measure.
I'm told it's passing is not down to the current economic climate but a marriage break-up.
Don't take my word on that, I could be horribly wrong.

Squires was a palace of wonders as far as I was concerned.
Even if I didn't need anything in the craft supply line I'd wander about in the shop just getting inspiration.
Several times I even tried to get a job there packing mail-order sales.
Didn't get a job but I never stopped trying.

I went there today to buy an male XLR plug for one of my microphones and, although I knew it's closing down was imminent, wasn't quite prepared for the reality of the situation.

There's going to be a final everything must go sale in March so I'll have to get my shopping list together.

Truly, I can't communicate how upset I am about the loss of this wonderful shop.

0 comments: