Friday 14 September 2012

How Clever Is That?

Have you ever gone to bed at a reasonable time so as to awake refreshed and ready for the day ahead?
I have.
Have you ever risen at 06:00, showered, dressed, and breakfasted so you are ready to leave the house by 06:50?
I have.
Have you ever turned yourself inside out riding a bicycle into a head-wind for just over 8 miles on a gear that you've decided is probably just a little to high for the purpose?
I have.
Have you ever arrived at work 30 minutes early so as to give yourself time to prepare yourself and your work area before your allotted start time?
I have.
Have you ever experienced the creeping awareness that you have made all this effort 12 hours before it was actually necessary?
I have.

3 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

Ouch. That is a major Disorientation Event. Did that really happen? Once in a while, I show up too soon for some thing or other, but mostly, I forget things. Life for me is just going though all the motions while waiting for the Next Big Thing I Have Forgotten to kick the shit out of me.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Yes, that really happened this morning.

Jane said...

Now that was a bit dozy.
GoW