Tuesday 9 October 2012

Linda After Dentist.

So, here I am in another NHS waiting room:
IMG_6238
I'm glad its not me.
This time it's Linda's turn for treatment.
She has a broken rear molar and has opted to have the roots removed under sedation.

I was surprised at how quick the procedure was, about 15 minutes by my reckoning, and somewhat alarmed by her state as she was taken from the treatment room to the recovery room.
One nurse either side and Linda stumbling along between them.
We sat in the recovery room as an officially 'friendly' nurse explained, first to Linda then, because Linda was busy counting fairies, to me what was allowed and what was not allowed for a patient recovering from sedation.

Now, Linda does not like lifts.
She will not go into a lift, no matter how high the building, she will use the stairs.
We are on the third floor and I have to explain, very carefully, why it is impossible for her to walk down the stairs and even more impossible for me to carry her down the stairs.
Actually it's not impossible for me to carry her down stairs its just that non of the staff are going to let me attempt it (health and safety y'know) which I feel is quite sensible.

We get in the lift.
I really, really can't bring myself to film Linda at this moment.
It's really, really not fair.
That doesn't mean I can't take a picture though:
IMG_6240
You know when you've been tangoed.
After the dos and don'ts lecture from the nurse I felt rather guilty that the greatest danger, given my lack of eyesight, Linda was going to be in all day was while I was driving back home.

1 comments:

saradwyn3 said...

I find it hard to believe that she hasn't got wings!

http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/dark/dcm/355.jpg

Definitely a resemblance to the lovely Kira from one of my favorite movies.