Thursday 8 November 2012

Heavy Old Whack: No.3

Bit of background to the last dose.
I couldn't sleep last night, be it the meds or some other reason, I found myself still WIDE awake at 03:30 so I got out of bed and made myself a cup of tea.

I noticed something, my tinitus, the constant companion of over 14 years, had reduced to an almost imperceptible level.
What joy it was to be alive in that moment.
Silence!
I also noticed I felt 'better' than I have done for a very, very long time (think years).
Better, in fact, than James Brown!

All this maybe coincidental or perhaps some psychological side effect.
Who can say?
I don't care really, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Back to reality!

At 11:30 (I rose late again!) the 20mg of Omeprazole.
Adjusted the gears on my winter bike to kill half-an-hour before breakfast:
HipstaPrint
It might be noted that as far as breakfast goes, yesterday's not withstanding, I'm a creature of habit.
Then on to the final course of 5x100mg Medrone tablets.

So, that's it.
My tinitus has returned, still somewhat attenuated, I still 'feel' really well.

I've noticed the tremors in my hands have increased alarmingly.

4 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

We have a lot of the same symptoms.

Le Sanglier said...

Which James Brown?

Le Sanglier said...

I eat 2 eggs and a slice of rice bread every morning. Habit is maybe a getting old thing?

Glyn said...

That's really interesting, and you should bring it up with your doctor. Maybe you had some (other) inflammatory condition the steroid is now helping?

[The captcha server wants me to read a doorknob this time. I'm not sure how to proceed.]