Thursday 15 November 2012

The Condition.

It's now a week since I took the steroids.
I feel really well.
My sleep patten has returned to normal.
I now wake up feeling refreshed, and I get out of bed straight away rather than having 'just a couple more minutes'.
My feet feel 'fizzy' but I can live with the sensation and, now that I think about it, I've been living with it since the early part of this year.

My eyesight is more difficult to evaluate.
On sight test charts the improvement is vast when compared to the initial stages, but....
The sensation is of having 'something' obscuring my vision that, in days gone by, would've made me rub my eyes to sort of re-focus them.
Sadly they don't re-focus anymore, or, at least, the left one doesn't seem to.
I don't really notice how my eyesight has changed until I go outside then it becomes all to apparent.
The distance is a double vision blur and bright light causes me lots of problems.
But I'm not blind by any stretch of the imagination.

My walking seems to have changed.
I've always been a bit 'stumbly', clumsy even,  this is different.
I feel somehow knock-kneed.
Difficult to describe.
The problem disappears as soon as I get on my bicycle though.

I mentioned that whist riding to a recent Modern Cloak-Room Attendant shift my eyesight kept coming and going.
There's something similar happening to my legs when I walk anywhere, the fizzing seems to increase in intensity.
I now believe this is due to Uhthoff's Phenomenon.
In fact the more I read about it the more it seems like a credible explanation.
If it happens again when I'm cycling I'll stop riding, cool off, and see if my eyesight improves.

Q.) "And how do you 'feel' now Mr. SpaceMan?"
A.) "I was made out of rocks, spit, and twigs in the dales of Yorkshire, I'm fucking indestructible baby."
Indestructible Baby.

0 comments: