Friday 14 December 2012

Beeswax Polishing.

Compulsive obsession seems to be a recent theme in my life whether it be collecting vintage crockery or beautifying rubbish.
I've now got a new one to add to the list, polishing wooden things with this stuff:
HipstaPrint
It's expensive, but well worth the outlay as it transforms lacklustre bits of timber into silky smooth objects of beauty.
The first items to get the treatment were the wooden box files I've begun staining and decorating:
Box Files
The picture doesn't do them justice really.
They actually seem to glow.

Sat here looking at them I realise something.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to store in them when they're finished.
All seven of them.

I'll consider that while I'm polishing the rest of the wooden things in the room.

1 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

Boxes are nice things, especially wooden ones.

People come into the store asking for a special bee's wax polish that we carry. We also carry small blocks and disks of bee's wax.

Many years ago I wrote a children's ditty about bee's wax becuase it is very special stuff. It goes like this:
All summer when the days are long,
The honey bee sings a buzzing song,
Making wax and honey sweet,
Both, for us, a wonderful treat.
So for the honey we drink on our tea
And for this wax, I thank you, Bee.