Saturday 1 December 2012

View From The Scaffold: Second Sitting.

The scaffold.
It draws me to it.
It calls me.
Sings me its siren song by moonlight.

I've been twitching ever since the scaffold was completed.
Linda does not want me to climb the scaffold.
I point out that there's a good reason for me to climb the scaffold.
I want to remove all the redundant television aerials and associated cabling.
This may be the last chance.

Linda's still not happy.

IMG_6615
Climb The Ladder To The Roof.
Look over there:
IMG_6621
Butlins! The Shining City In The West
Now look over there:
IMG_6620
Toward Franceland
Now look over there:
IMG_6618
Somewhere in that distance is the North
I discover something new on the chimney:
IMG_6617
I don't like that jubilee clip at all.
I removed two old aerials and lots of cables.
Then started down.
I prefer climbing ladders to descending ladders, but I will never allow fear to become my master because I've laid in an MRI scanner for 45 minutes without squeezing the panic button.

There's just one teensy weensy problemette.
I think I cut the aerial cable to our downstairs neighbour's T.V.
Y'know,  the neighbour who had all that vermiculite and soot coming out or her chimney.

Ooops.

0 comments: