Monday 4 February 2013

Pussy Cats, Bunny Rabbits, Cake Cough, & Evershed.

If you need an excuse for a party, get up and use me (as the Fire Engines used to wail).
'am a right tart, me.

I gave up on organising my own birthday celebrations.
I learned it is impossible to organise a party and enjoy it at the same time.

Girl-on-Wire has a new home and therefore is obliged to have a housewarming.
GoW suggested we combine my birthday and her housewarming.
SpaceMan: "Will I have to do anything?"
GoW: "No".
SpaceMan: "'am in".

The event was to take place during the afternoon of the day BeHeld were to play at Evershed Arts Folk Club.

The snag being GoW's new home is a little to cosy for housewarming parties.
It was decided to have the combined parties at a house in Billingshurst.

The saintly Jonathan now enters the picture.
For it is in the sanity Jonathan's home that those about to party will party.

Now, ask yourself this question:
"Would I open my home.to around 15 people, all of whom seem to be musicians, to have a party in?"

Jonathan considered this question and decided to risk it.

And so I spent an afternoon in a home where pussy cats, and bunny rabbits, and hamsters roam free.
It was like being inside the Internet (without the bare ladies).

I'd go into the details of the 'cake-cough', but I'm not proud of what I did when I blew out the candles on MY birthday cake by coughing on them.
It was very selfish of me not to consider other people may have liked a piece of MY birthday cake.

This post is to say thank-you to all the people that made that party happen.
Best ever.

Evershed Arts

0 comments: