Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Condition: A Tiresome Development.

You walk into a bar,
OUCH!
"Who puts a bar at head-height in the entrance to a pub?" 
Rubbing your bruised forehead you order a drink, which is duly served to you.

From a seated position you engage in light conversation with whomever happens to be there, the bar staff usually, casually SIPPING your drink.

After a while, by the bottom of the glass probably, you order another drink and continue as before, perhaps a little more relaxed, a little more confident, ebullient even.

Half way down the second glass you feel the need to visit the facilities, hop up, (or down) from your seat' take two more steps and careen into the nearby furniture.
Righting yourself, as though nothing had happened, you wobble off to your destination with as much dignity as you can redeem from the situation...

You are dreaming.
Some unknown horror is chasing you.
You try to run, but all your limbs are to heavy to move.
The panic rises as you desperately attempt to plough forward...

Then you wake up.

Over the last week I've noticed a creeping fatigue taking hold of me.

Many people I mix with, usually at uke jams, have fallen victim to colds in the last couple of weeks.
I thought I'd 'incubate' to find out if I was similarly affected.

No, I haven't got a cold.

I thought I maybe lacking sleep.
Not a chance, regular 8 hours per night.

I did some electric-interwebs research (did you know aroma-therapy can help the symptoms of MS?)
Every, sensible, site I looked at confirms my belief that my fatigue symptoms are related to my condition.

The two paragraphs at the start of this post were an attempt to describe what this feels like.
(Apart from the 'walking into a bar' bit. That was there for comedic purposes.)

It's a very strange sensation when I attempt to stand up and my body seems to lag behind.

I'm still evaluating what this means.
Is it temporary, sporadic, permanent?

Today my ukulele was to heavy to lift.

3 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

Oh Mr. Man, I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Banished To A Pompous Land said...

Not that I'm nagging but did you ever get those blood tests done? Mrs B would give me hell until I did. One of my 'not a robit' words is 'should' which is clearly meaningful and you 'should' get them you know

OutaSpaceMan said...

Thanks chums.

Mr. B, I hear ya, also you have raised issues that require a blog post rather than a comment.

I'll go get my typing fingers...